Learn the Blackjack rules before you decide to play the casino game Blackjack in a bricks and mortar casino or in an online casino. There are numerous casino websites where you can play Blackjack for real money or just for fun.
The purpose of Blackjack is simple: the playing cards that you get from the dealer amount to a total that is higher than the dealer’s total and does not exceed 21.
For this game, it does not matter whether other players are present at the Blackjack table, the dealer is always your only opponent.
Rules for playing online Blackjack
There are relatively few decisions to make when playing Blackjack at Loyal Casino. The game goes as follows:
1. A card is dealt face down, one for each player and the dealer is dealt one last.
2. A second card is dealt face down, again one to each player and the dealer is the last to receive the second card.
3. Starting with the player on the left of the dealer, each player determines whether he wants to receive one or more cards. These cards are placed face up on the table.
4. After all players have completed their hand, the dealer will discard his cards and draw new cards to complete their hand.
You win at Blackjack if
* The total of your hand is higher than that of the dealer.
* The dealer goes over 21.
* The dealer ‘fits’ and your hand is higher than the dealer’s.
If your hand is the same as the dealer’s hand, it is called a ‘stand-off’. Your bet will then remain for the next round. If you have more than 21, you have lost, if you have passed and the dealer’s hand is higher, you have also lost.
The values of the cards
Cards in Blackjack are designated as follows:
* Pictures (Jack, Queen and King) each count as 10 points.
* An Ace counts as 1 point or 11 points.
* All other cards have their numerical value.
Limitations of the Dealer
The dealer plays according to a strict set of rules. Dealers must take an extra card if their hand is 16 or less in total. Dealers must ‘pass’ if their total hand is 17 or more.
If your first two cards are of equal value, you can split this hand into two separate hands. You will then receive an extra (closed) card with each card. The bet on these two hands must be the same as the original bet on the first hand.
You may double your bet (never more than your original bet) if your first two cards are 9.10 or 11 in total. You will receive a maximum of one extra card if you opt for this strategy.
If the dealer’s first card is an Ace, the dealer will announce an ‘insurance’. You can then take out insurance for half of your original bet. With an Ace, the chance of Blackjack is quite high. If the dealer receives a Blackjack, you will receive your bet back. If the dealer does not have Blackjack, you lose half of your bet.